W. Bard Brockman is a partner in the Atlanta office, and is the leader of the firm’s ERISA Litigation practice. He typically represents employers, plan sponsors, plan administrators, individual fiduciaries, and independent trust companies. He has broad experience in handling class actions, fiduciary claims, prohibited transaction claims, benefits claims, ESOP and stock valuation disputes, subrogation claims, and government investigations.
Mr. Brockman also represents financial institutions in complex commercial and consumer disputes. On the consumer side, Mr. Brockman has handled cases involving alleged violations of the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), in addition to the other consumer lending statutes and regulations.
Mr. Brockman is a 1989 honors graduate of the University of Florida College of Law, and he is admitted to practice in Georgia and Florida.
- University of Florida, J.D., with honors, 1989
- University of Florida, B.A., 1985
- Florida, 1990
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Florida and the Middle, Northern and Southern Districts of Georgia
Professional Affiliations :
- American Bar Association – Litigation and Labor and Employment Sections
- State Bar of Georgia – General Practice/Trial and Employee Benefits Sections
- The Florida Bar – Out-of-State Practitioners Division, Former President
- Logan E. Bleckley American Inn of Court – Barrister
Rate : $$$