W. Edgar Spivey is a member of the litigation section at Kaufman & Canoles. He has a diverse civil litigation and arbitration practice that has involved the representation of international, national and local businesses, as well as individuals.
Ed’s areas of practice include complex commercial litigation, securities litigation, stockbroker and investment adviser disputes, shareholder litigation, insurance coverage disputes, products liability defense, and land use/real estate litigation.
Ed has particularly deep experience arbitrating and litigating investment and securities disputes, especially in FINRA proceedings.
- University of Virginia; B.A., 1983
- University of Virginia School of Law; J.D., 1986
- Currently one of a team of lawyers representing numerous Virginia localities investigating and litigating cases against pharmaceutical manufacturers, distributors and others connected with the opioid addiction epidemic. In early 2018, Ed and his team filed the first lawsuits in Virginia seeking to recover funds expended by Virginia local governments combatting this public health emergency
- Represented estate of elderly customer in seven-figure FINRA arbitration proceeding awarding compensatory and punitive damages against large, national broker-dealer
- Obtained summary judgement for apartment owner policyholder on multiple-occurrence theory in federal court insurance recovery proceedings
- Represented large, local homebuilder in multiple cost recovery litigations associated with defective Chinese drywall
Rate : $$$