W. John English has been involved in energy and environmental matters since 1972. He is experienced in handling matters that affect the sale and leasing of producing oil and gas properties, commercial real estate, industrial properties, refineries and manufacturing plants.
John is a frequent speaker at professional seminars on environmental topics, and co-author of Environmental Law Simplified: A Practical Guide for Oil and Gas Operations, Penn Well Books, 1993.
- Served as lead counsel for the seller in a $320,500,000 stock sale of a company owning producing oil and gas properties in Louisiana and Texas.
- Served as lead energy counsel for the buyer in a $36,750,000 purchase of producing oil and gas properties in Texas and in negotiating the loan to finance the purchase.
- Represented independent producers in more than a billion dollars’ worth of purchases and sales of producing properties located in such states as Colorado, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas and Wyoming.
- Represented several producers of oil and gas in preparing, negotiating and signing general and limited partnership agreements.
- Represented working interest owners in negotiations regarding gas production imbalances.
- Served as lead counsel in the multifirm representation of a manufacturing subsidiary of a publicly traded corporation before the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) in alleged violations of state and federal clean air laws.
- Represented an international laboratory in several matters before the TCEQ regarding liability for cleanup of state superfund sites.
- Represented a regional real estate developer in the review of an environmental site assessment and negotiations with the United States Army Corps of Engineers regarding wetlands issues.
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation
- J.D., Louisiana State University Law Center, 1972; Order of the Coif, 1972; Louisiana Law Review, 1970 to 1972
- B.S., Louisiana Tech University, 1970
Admissions : Texas, 1973, Louisiana, 1972
Rate : $$$$