W. Neil Rambin represents clients in complex commercial insurance litigation, insurance coverage disputes, extra-contractual claims and disputes between insurance and reinsurance companies.
With more than 35 years of experience, he has litigated a wide variety of claims and disputes that have arisen from general liability, professional liability, property, marine, aviation, workers’ compensation, fidelity, automobile, excess liability, umbrella and surplus policies.
Since January 1, 2016, he and/or his team have tried eleven first party property cases to a jury verdict, obtaining a complete defense verdict of no-liability in ten of those cases. In addition to Texas, he has litigated matters in California, Oregon, New Mexico, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia and Massachusetts.
Neil also counsels insurers and reinsurers on their coverage obligations and the avoidance of bad faith claims, as well as reinsured and reinsurers in matters arising out of reinsurance agreements.
- Obtained seven jury verdicts of no liability since January 1, 2016, in various suits for coverage under first-party property policies arising out of storm events.
- Obtained a jury verdict on behalf of a property insurance carrier in connection with claims of fraud and bad faith arising out of the adjustment of a storm loss.
- Obtained a jury verdict of no liability arising out of claims of fraud and bad faith against an insurance carrier that issued a jewelers block policy.
- Successful arbitration of a dispute regarding insurance policy interpretation resulting in a determination of no coverage under an errors and omissions policy.
- Successful representation of a reinsurer in an arbitrated dispute with a reinsured over the allocation of loss among various general liability policies.
- Entry of summary judgment of no coverage for a reinsurer of a captive insurance company on a hospital professional liability policy.
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., Baylor Law Review, Notes & Comments Editor, cum laude
- Baylor University, B.A., summa cum laude
Bar Admissions : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$$