W. Patton Hahn has extensive experience litigating and negotiating complex, multi-party commercial disputes, contractual disputes, receivership cases, complex real property and zoning litigation, shareholder disputes and other corporate governance litigation, will and trust disputes, complex large-scale construction cases and commercial fraud cases.
Based in the Firm’s Birmingham office, Mr. Hahn primarily represents banks, private equity lenders, hedge funds, loan servicers and other lending institutions, commercial general contractors, commercial subcontractors and materials suppliers.
Mr. Hahn served as lead counsel for the Receiver appointed to administer and oversee the Jefferson County Sewer System and worked extensively in negotiations with the county, investment bankers, bond insurers and hedge funds in attempts to find a solution to the county’s $3 billion sewer debt crisis.
Mr. Hahn is an active member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry, the Turnaround Management Association and the Construction Suppliers Association.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 1999, cum laude
- Colgate University, B.A., 1994
- Alabama, 1999
- Alabama Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
Professional Honors & Activities:
- 2005 Graduate, American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Trial Academy
- Law Clerk, Honorable Eric G. Bruggink, United States Court of Federal Claims, 1999 – 2000
- Member – Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society
- Member – John A. Campbell Moot Court Board
Civic and Charitable Activities:
- Firm Chairperson, 2007 United Way Campaign
- 2008 Graduate, Project Corporate Leadership
- Firm Leader, National Conference for Community and Justice Walk-as-One Campaigns
- President of the Board, Children’s Dance Foundation
Rate : $$$