Preston Battle is a litigation associate in Baker Donelson’s Memphis office. Preston has a diverse practice assisting clients with business-related litigation matters, including breach of contract actions, breach of fiduciary duty cases, civil rights litigation, health care liability cases, government investigations and business disputes.
Preston serves as a board member on the Law Alumni Board for the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law and Memphis Heritage, Incorporated.
Preston recently returned to Baker Donelson after serving as a law clerk for a former Memphis office shareholder, the Honorable Thomas L. Parker, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee. While in law school, Preston clerked for the Honorable Felicia Corbin Johnson and the Honorable Robert S. Weiss, Shelby County Circuit Court.
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D., 2016, cum laude
- University of Tennessee, B.A. in French Language and Literature, 2011
- Tennessee, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Representative Matters :
- Successfully represented a national real estate investment trust in arbitration proceedings in which plaintiff had sought more than $75 million in damages for the alleged breach of contract and tortious interference with business relationships.
- Prevailed on summary judgment in a federal court declaratory judgment action involving judicial interpretation of a commercial lease on behalf of national distribution company.
- Prevailed on a motion to dismiss on First Amendment grounds in a federal court defamation lawsuit against a religious organization.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Leo Bearman Sr. Inn of Court
- Graduate – Embark at the New Memphis Institute
- Named an Attorney for Justice by the Tennessee Supreme Court (2018)
Rate : $$$$