W. Sean McPhillip is adept in patent prosecution and preparation. More specifically, his work involves patents in the field of computer-based technology. He also has experience in trademark and copyright litigation and prosecution, as well as IP licensing.
Sean helps an array of clients obtain patents by preparing and prosecuting their inventions. He often works hands-on with inventors at all levels, from universities to Fortune 500 companies.
Sean may visit inventors in their laboratories to learn the nature of their inventions. He counsels clients on the patentability of their inventions and recommends appropriate means to protect those inventions. As part of a full range of services, Sean :
- Reviews, prepares, negotiates and manages agreements involving intellectual property.
- Prepares and drafts domestic and international patent applications that are representative of clients’ inventions.
- Provides freedom-to-operate assessments.
- Advocates the patentability of clients’ inventions with the USPTO.
In his pro bono work, Sean assists low-income families involved in wrongful evictions and artists needing protection of their intellectual property.
Representative Matters :
- Advised a client of the copyright law implications of a merger involving the sale of software with open source software components.
- Prepared agreements involving the sale of various intellectual property assets, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets and copyrights.
Professional Experience :
- Owner/Founder, Atlanta Nightlife & Special Events, 2004-2014
- IT Specialist, IBM, 2000-2006
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2017, Business Editor, GSU Law Review
- Georgia State University Robinson School of Business, M.B.A., 2017
- New York University, B.A., 2000, Computer Science
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$