W. Thomas Carter III is a partner in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP’s Atlanta office where he focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, real estate finance and corporate governance.
Mr. Carter represents a range of public and private corporations, private equity and venture capital funds, and real estate developers and investors in connection with their acquisition, investment and formation transactions.
He has also represented numerous investment banks in connection with initial public offerings and other public capital raising transactions.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD (1990)
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, BA, Biology (1987)
- Vanderbilt University
- University of London
Admissions : Georgia
- Has led more than 100 M&A transactions and 125 private equity investments
- Regularly represents a broad range of real estate developers, REITs and other investment groups in development of preferred joint venture transactions
- Experience in a variety of industries, including distribution, manufacturing, technology, business services and consumer products
- Speaks, presents papers, and moderates panels on topics of corporate and securities law, private equity matters, strategic partnerships and merger and acquisition strategy
- Model Documents Committee, National Venture Capital Association
- Member, Georgia Corporate Code Revision Committee
- Former Board of Directors, AeA (formerly American Electronics Association)
- Former Board of Directors, TechBridge
Rate : $$$