Wade G. Kirshy’s practice focuses on patent prosecution and strategic patent portfolio development and counseling. Mr. Kirshy has also done significant work in the areas of patent litigation and IP transactions.
Mr. Kirshy has represented clients in a variety of technology areas, including the electronics, software, thin-film battery, mechanical systems and medical device industries, among others.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Kirshy worked as an associate for a large international law firm where he represented clients in the areas of patent prosecution, patent litigation and IP transactions.
- Defending United Airlines in patent infringement case where MacroSolve has accused the United Airline’s use of a mobile services network platform and corresponding date processing systems, and, in particular, the mobile application “United Airlines Mobile app.” of infringing one or more claims of the ‘816 patent. (Judge Leonard Davis). MacroSolve, Inc. v. United Airlines, Inc., No. 11-694 (E.D. Tex. filed Dec. 21, 2011).
- Representing Leatt Corporation in the Central District of California. Atlas Brace Technologies filed an action in the Central District of California for declaratory judgment against Leatt to determine infringement of Leatt’s two patents directed to protective neck braces, which prevent injury to athletes performing in various sports, including motocross. Leatt filed counterclaims for infringement of the two patents against Atlas Brace’s protective neck brace, the Atlas Neck Brace, which is also used by motocross and other athletes. Atlas Brace Technologies USA LLC v. Leatt Corp., et al. No. 11-09973 (C.D. Cal. filed Dec. 1, 2011).
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D. (2008) The Journal of Business and Technology Law, Associate Editor
- Union College, B.S., Electrical Engineering (2004) magna cum laude
- Florida (inactive)
- Massachusetts (inactive)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2015)
Rate : $$$$