Waldemar Pflepsen represents financial services companies, insurers, and managed care companies in complex and class action litigation nationally regarding their life, pension, health, and investment products. He has handled more than 75 class actions involving a wide variety of insurance and financial products and business practices, as well as having tried numerous cases and argued multiple appeals in federal and state courts over the past three decades.
He also has authored numerous articles and papers and co-authored two litigation treatises on insurance, class action, and complex litigation topics, including ERISA. Wally is a past chair of the ABA TIPS Corporate Counsel Committee, a former vice chair of its Litigation Management Subcommittee, and served as a member of an ABA Task Force on class action litigation. He regularly chairs or participates in programs sponsored by legal and trade organizations addressing class action and complex litigation topics.
- American University (J.D., 1976)
- Michigan State University (B.A., 1973)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Member, Association of Life Insurance Counsel
- Member, American Bar Association
- Section of Litigation
- Chair, Corporate Counsel (1997-1998)
- Vice Chair, Corporate Counsel (1992-1997)
- Vice Chair, Employee Benefits Law (1995-1997; 2000-2007)
- Class Action Litigation Task Force of the American Bar Association Tort and Insurance Practice Section (1998-1999)
Rate : $$$$