Walker F. Crowson has a diverse litigation practice representing clients in employment, business and commercial litigation spanning over 19 years. He is licensed to practice law and maintains an active regional practice in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. Walker has been Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2005.
His employment practice involves representation of clients in all aspects of labor and employment law, including federal and state anti-discrimination laws, sexual harassment, retaliation, FLSA/wage and hour, FMLA, unemployment claims, defamation, negligence, restrictive covenants and breach of contract claims.
Walker’s clients have included large publicly traded companies, governmental entities and private businesses of all sizes in a variety of industries, including retail, manufacturing, transportation/logistics, car dealerships, financial, construction and healthcare.
Walker counsels human resource professionals and general counsel on day to day employment matters to maintain best practices and avoid litigation. He frequently advises clients on FMLA and other leave issues and reviews and drafts policies, procedures and employee handbooks for clients.
Walker also mediates and arbitrates employment cases. He serves as an arbitrator both in private, ad hoc arbitrations as well as for the American Arbitration Association in employment cases and is a member of the AAA’s panel of employment neutrals. Walker is also a successful mediator, having mediated over 200 employment lawsuits as a mediator.
Walker’s business and commercial practice has involved serving as outside general counsel to small and medium sized businesses, including El Paso’s largest private employer, and advising them on a variety of day to day legal issues, including those involving insurance, contracts and entity formation among others.
Walker has represented creditors, including financial institutions, factoring companies and car loan lenders in collection litigation and foreclosures for over a decade. Walker’s clients are located throughout Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. Although based in Arizona, Walker maintains an active presence and practice in El Paso, Texas.
Representative Experience :
- Defended national shoe company in age discrimination lawsuit that went to verdict after trial
- Represented local beer distributing company in workers’ compensation retaliation claim at arbitration
- Represented Arizona surgical implant device company in federal court litigation to enforce restrictive covenant
- Represented local governmental entities in whistleblower retaliation, gender and age discrimination, and sexual harassment claims
- Represented national automobile dealership in claims involving age discrimination and racial harassment
- Represented numerous clients, including national home improvement retailer, national home medical equipment supplier, and national auto parts retailer, in claims involving workers’ compensation retaliation and disability discrimination
- Served as neutral investigator in workplace investigations involving allegations of sexual harassment, discrimination and retaliation issues
- Served as outside general counsel to various companies, including one of the largest private employers in El Paso, Texas
- Represented creditors, including financial institutions, factoring companies and car loan lenders in collection litigation, including suits for breaches of promissory notes and guarantees as well as sequestration, repossession, garnishment and foreclosure matters
- Arbitrates employment law matters for the American Arbitration Association as a panel member of the AAA’s Roster of Employment Neutrals as well as in private, ad hoc arbitrations
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1999)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 1996)
Professional Memberships and Activities :
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of New Mexico
- State Bar of Texas
- American Arbitration Association, Arbitrator & Mediator
Bar Admissions : Arizona; New Mexico; Texas
Court Admissions :
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- Supreme Court of New Mexico
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of New Mexico
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Rate : $$$$