Wally Martinez’s practice focuses on complex business litigation and white collar criminal defense. Wally is the managing partner of Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP. His practice focuses on complex business litigation and white collar criminal defense.
Wally’s white collar criminal defense experience includes representation of clients accused of tax fraud, procurement fraud, public corruption, violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, money laundering, health care fraud and violation of the Federal RICO statute.
Wally was a founding partner of the firm’s Miami office. In 2004, Wally left the firm to join Diageo North America, where he served as Senior Vice President and General Counsel. He returned to the firm to become managing partner in 2006.
Wally has since been recognized by the National Law Journal as one of the nation’s “50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers.” In addition to bar memberships in Florida, New Jersey, the District of Columbia and New York, Wally is admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the 6th and 11th Circuits, the United States District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Federal and state jury trial experience in commercial and criminal matters. Has also argued criminal and civil appeals.
- Has successfully defended class actions involving securities fraud, deceptive business practices and consumer lending.
- Represented health care providers in connection with criminal, administrative exclusion and qui tam litigation.
- Handled numerous injunction proceedings involving intellectual property disputes, franchise and distributor terminations, and enforcement of covenants not to compete.
- Represented clients in several commercial arbitration proceedings involving supply contracts and third party service agreements.
- Extensive experience representing companies in connection with issues arising from operations in “high risk” international markets, including internal investigations and development of risk mitigation programs.
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1991
- BS, Seton Hall University, magna cum laude, 1988
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- Trustee, The George Jackson Academy, 2015-2018
- Member, Board of Managers, University of Pennsylvania Law School Alumni Society, 2011 – 2017
- Member and Immediate Past Chair, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- Member, NALP Foundation Board of Trustees
Rate : $$$$