Walter L. Cofer is nationally known as an accomplished trial lawyer and for his experience as a skilled client counselor and litigator. Early in his career, Walt tried a variety of cases (car wrecks, lift trucks, container handlers, roof trusses) but in recent years has spent much of his time trying tobacco product liability cases.
Walt has tried more than 20 tobacco cases in state and federal courts in Florida, California, Oregon, Massachusetts, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. He has also argued appeals before the New York Appellate Courts and the Sixth and Eighth Circuit Courts of Appeals.
Walt was singled out in Law360 by one of his colleagues as the litigator that he “fears going up against,” describing Walt as “a formidable match for any attorney. Walt is the whole package—friendly demeanor, smart, experienced, with a smooth Midwestern accent that charms a jury.”
Walt has had media training and extensive media experience. He has appeared on Good Morning America and has been interviewed numerous times on radio as well as in local and national newspapers. He also frequently lectures on trial practice and litigation strategies.
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 1981
- Order of the Coif
- Editor of Law Review
- B.B.A., cum laude, Wichita State University, 1977
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Product Liability Advisory Council, Board of Directors (former)
Rate : $$$$