Walter W. (Walt) Davis focuses his practice on securities litigation, shareholder disputes, and corporate governance matters and regularly counsels boards of directors and senior management in connection with governmental and internal investigations.
He has significant experience handling insider trading, accounting, and corporate compliance matters, among others. In addition, Walt has experience handling a variety of other corporate law disputes and routinely counsels private companies and partnerships on ownership and other governance issues.
Walt currently serves as the co-chair of the Securities and Corporate Litigation Subcommittee of the Atlanta Bar Association and is a member of the Securities Litigation and Corporate Governance Sections of the American Bar Association.
Walt is active in the Atlanta community, where he currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation and is a member of the Leadership Council of Zoo Atlanta. He formerly served on the Boards of Directors of Kate’s Club, Inc. and Make-A-Wish Georgia, and he was a member of the Alumni Board of Mercer University’s College of Liberal Arts.
- Vanderbilt University (J.D. 2001);
- Mercer University (B.A. 1998, Philosophy/Political Science)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, and
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Law Clerk to Judge Beverly B. Martin,
- United States District Court,
- Northern District of Georgia (2001-2002).
- The Southern Company defends putative securities class action alleging violations of Section 10(b)
- Jarden defends appraisal lawsuits filed by investment funds
- HD Supply defeats petition for leave to appeal lawsuit related to sale of its Power Solutions business unit
- Amedisys settles putative securities class action alleging violation of Section 10(b)
- Monster prevails on issue of first impression in Delaware Chancery Court
- Attachmate granted motion to dismiss in shareholder suit alleging violations of securities laws and aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty
- Georgia Gulf successfully defends against unsolicited proposal from Westlake Chemical
- Newell Brands acquires Jarden Corporation for $16 billion
- American Capital Agency Corp. acquires American Capital Mortgage Management, LLC for $562 million
- The Southern Company acquires PowerSecure International, Inc. for $425 million.
Rate : $$$$