Walter A. Rodriguez represents public and private companies and private equity funds in connection with financings, corporate and securities law matters, and mergers and acquisitions. Before joining the Firm, Walter interned with the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office and Defensor Publico in Atenas, Costa Rica.
In law school, Walter served as President of the Latin American Law Student Association and the Executive Articles Editor for the Boston College International & Comparative Law Review.
Walter also co-founded a pro-bono legal aid trip to Port-au-Prince, Haiti in conjunction with the Clough Center for the Study of Constitutional Democracy and Bureau des Avocats Internationaux. In addition, Walter was a member of the Boston College Law School 2015 Northeast Super-regional Champion Jessup International Moot Court team.
Representative Experience :
- Assisted in representing Nautic Partners in connection with its acquisition of Endries International, a leading distributor of fasteners and Class-C parts serving industrial original equipment manufacturers worldwide
- Assisted in representing Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of H.E. Parts International, LLC, a producer of replacement and improvement component parts for large construction and mining vehicles for a total purchase price of $240 million
- Assisted in representing NewStar Financial Inc. (Nasdaq:NEWS) in the sale of its equipment finance business and related assets to Boston-based Radius Bank, a federal savings association, for approximately $140 million in cash
- Assisted in representing Hastings Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of IMPACT! Chemical Technologies, Inc. (IMPACT!), a Texas-based corporation and leading provider of specialty chemicals to oil and gas production and midstream companies
- Assisted in representing Sevcon, Inc. (Nasdaq:SEV) in a private placement to certain institutional and accredited investors and advised the company on the subsequent registration of such shares for resale under the Securities Act
- Assisted in representing NewStar Financial Inc. (Nasdaq:NEWS) in the sale of its asset-based lending subsidiary, NewStar Business Credit LLC, to Sterling National Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sterling Bancorp (NYSE:STL) for approximately $330 million
- Assisted in representing National General Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq:NGCH) in its acquisition of Standard Mutual Insurance Company
Professional Affiliations :
- Board Member, Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Named to 2019 Cohort of the Latino Board Fellowship at Latinos for Education
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 2015
- Executive Articles Editor,International & Comparative Law Review
- President, Boston College Latin American Law Students Association
- Jessup International Moot Court Team
- B.A., Political Science/Drama, University of California, Irvine, 2011
Admissions : Massachusetts, 2015
Rate : $$$