Walter A. Trauner is a member of Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP’s Real Estate practice group in Sarasota, with experience in the acquisition, disposition, development and leasing of residential and commercial real estate, including office, medical, retail, multifamily housing, senior housing, and vacant property.
He represents REITs, real estate developers, business entities, investors, and individual property owners, diligently working with each client to develop an effective, practical approach toward achieving their transactional goals and objectives.
Walter received his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School where he took classes in real estate, land use and environmental law. While in law school, he was a member of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law and served as an intern at the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida in Tampa.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2014
- B.A., summa cum laude, Economics and Political Science, University of Florida, 2011
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida, 2014
- Represented a REIT in multiple acquisitions of multimillion dollar senior housing portfolios. Conducted extensive title, survey and zoning due diligence and resolved issues identified during such due diligence.
- Represented a REIT in the daily leasing of its medical office building portfolio. Drafted and negotiated leases and lease amendments.
- Represented both commercial landlords and tenants in the leasing of office, retail and industrial space. Drafted, reviewed, and negotiated leases.
- Represented a real estate developer in multiple residential development projects. Drafted purchase agreements for acquisition of land, prepared and submitted plat applications, drafted subdivision restrictions and drafted lot purchase and construction agreements.
- Represented a charitable foundation in the sale of a large tract of vacant land. Analyzed and resolved multiple, complex title issues to facilitate the sale.
Rate : $$$