Warren P. Kean focuses his practice on matters relating to limited liability companies, partnerships, and other unincorporated entities and the taxation of those entities. His clients rely on his abilities as both a business and a tax lawyer to be two advisors in one. Warren previously practiced with larger, international law firms in both New York and Charlotte. Chair of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Joint Task Force, Warren is responsible for drafting the North Carolina Limited Liability Company Act (NCGS Chapter 57D, 2014).
He is former Chair of the Model Operating Agreement Drafting Subcommittee of the Partnerships and the Unincorporated Business Organizations Committee, responsible for drafting the ABA Business Law Section’s Model Real Estate Development Limited Liability Company Agreement and is the past Chair of the Tax Committee of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section.
Warren also chairs the LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities Committee of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Business Law Section and its LLC Legislation and Official Commentary Subcommittee and he Co-chairs the firm’s transactional tax practice group.
- J.D., Order of the Coif, Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana Law Review, Member, 1985
- B.A., Washington and Lee University, cum laude, 1981
- LL.M., Taxation, New York University School of Law, New York University Tax Law Review, Graduate Editor
- LL.M., with distinction, Securities Regulation, Georgetown University Law Center, Thomas Bradbury Chetwood, S.J. Award – top graduate
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Chair of the Limited Liability Company Revisions Task Force of the Business Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association (2007 – 2014 )
- North Carolina Bar Association, Council Member of the Business Law Section (2009 – 2012)
- North Carolina Bar Association, Council Member of the Taxation Section (1998 – 2002)
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Former Chair of the Joint Task Force on Model Operating Agreements of the LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities Committee and the Taxation Committee
- Charlotte Rotary Club, Board of Directors (2009 – 2011)
Rate : $$$