Warren Lee Lewis serves as chair of Akerman’s Franchise & Licensing Practice, a highly experienced team that handles U.S. and international franchising, licensing, dealership and trademark counseling, registration and litigation matters for franchisors, licensors, subfranchisors, dealers and other business clients.
In the field of franchising, Warren has authored books, studies, articles and regulatory comments, frequently speaks at U.S. and international franchise conferences, and has testified before Congress. The U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the Committee on Small Business of the U.S. House of Representatives have cited his studies and regulatory comments.
- J.D., George Washington University Law School, 1972, with honors, George Washington University Law Review, Notes Editor
- B.S., University of Maryland at College Park, Journalism, 1967, high honors
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia; Virginia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Virginia Supreme Court
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising, Member
- Franchise Times Magazine, Legal Eagle Hall of Fame Member
- Capital Area Franchise Association, General Counsel
- North American Securities Administrators Association, Franchise and Business Opportunities Project Group, Advisory Committee, Member
- International Franchise Association, Legal/Legislative Committee and Council of Franchise Suppliers, Member
Rate : $$$