Wayne Martin Whitaker entered private practice in Fort Worth in 1978, after six years with the Securities and Exchange Commission, and began representing public companies in SEC compliance, public offerings, exchange listings, general corporate needs as well as acquisitions and mergers, including reverse mergers into SEC reporting companies.
Wayne’s clients include seasoned as well as start-up companies, entrepreneurs and developers. He assists in financial matters ranging from public offerings, mezzanine and senior lender financings to private offerings, venture capital and seed capital.
He also handles routine contract matters such as formation of corporations and limited liability companies, employment and consulting agreements, licensing agreements and joint venture agreements. He has a unique appreciation for issues confronting the Board of Directors, as he served on the board of an AMEX-traded company.
Early in his practice, Wayne gained significant transactional experience in the oil and gas industry. During the past 25 years, he has also been active in the health care and real estate industry. He routinely advises his healthcare clients regarding compliance with the Stark and Anti-Kickback statutes and regulations.
In health care, he has represented investor owned hospitals, other medical facilities, and physicians in all aspects of their activities, including acquiring, selling and developing general acute care hospitals and clinics, licensure and compliance issues, joint ventures, and negotiating and documenting agreements between various health care providers, physicians and suppliers.
In the real estate area, he has represented real estate developers as well as buyers and sellers of commercial and retail property. He speaks at various continuing education conferences and seminars on business, securities and health care issues.
- JD, Baylor University School of Law (1971)
- Masters of Laws (Taxation), Southern Methodist University , School of Law (1972)
- State Bar of Texas (1971)
- US Supreme Court (1978)
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (1983)
- US District Court for the Northern District of Texas (1976)
Associations and Memberships:
- Northeast Texas Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Former President
- Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth, Former Chairman and President
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association Business Law and Health Law Sections
- State Bar of Texas Business Law and Health Law Sections
Rate : $$$$