Wendelynne J. Newton is nationally recognized in and passionate about antitrust law. She focuses on antitrust and trade regulation issues, in the litigation, transaction and counseling contexts. She has handled hundreds of litigation and antitrust matters and has been successful in persuading the government (DOJ, FTC and state attorneys general) not to challenge the majority of the transactions in which she has been involved.
Just in the last 10 years, she has handled the antitrust aspects of more than 100 mergers and acquisitions in the consumer products, healthcare and other industries. Wendy has represented clients being investigated by the federal antitrust agencies and state attorneys general and those involved in government investigations of others. She provides ongoing antitrust and compliance counseling and litigates antitrust issues, including class actions.
Wendy knows and loves antitrust law. She enjoys helping clients navigate antitrust law to achieve their business goals. And she works to develop a long-term relationship built on strong communication and trust.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1981, cum laude
- The College of Wooster, B.A., 1977, with honors
- Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
Rate : $$$