Wendi L. Weinstein focuses her practice on counseling clients on intellectual property matters. She has experience in the preparation and prosecution of domestic and international industrial design applications, as well as providing legal opinions regarding validity, infringement and right to use in the mechanical arts.
Wendi’s technical experience includes container packaging technology, absorbent articles, cardiovascular devices, medical products, flexible web handling devices, conveyor belt systems, footwear and footwear cushioning systems.
She has been involved with the development, implementation and enforcement of aggressive design patent programs, including the expedited prosecution of United States design applications, foreign filing in multiple countries, actively monitoring competitors’ products and protecting United States design patent rights against infringement.
Wendi was a partner with Burns, Doane, Swecker & Mathis, one of the oldest and largest law firms in the United States focusing exclusively on intellectual property, until its lawyers and other professionals joined Buchanan in 2005.
- University of Baltimore, J.D., 1990
- University of Maryland, B.S.M.E., 1987
- Virginia (practice limited to patents, trademarks, copyrights and unfair competition causes)
- District of Columbia
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Chair 2001-2003, Industrial Design Committee, American Bar Association Section of Intellectual Property Law
- Subcommittee Chair 1998-2000, Industrial Design Committee, American Bar Association Section of Intellectual Property Law
- Intellectual Property Section, Committee on Industrial Designs, and Science and Technology Section, American Bar Association
- Committee on Industrial Designs, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$