Wendy Buckingham dedicates her practice to employment litigation and counseling. Wendy has represented employers in a wide range of matters, including : Claims of alleged violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act’s disclosure, authorization, and pre-adverse action requirements, Employment discrimination and retaliation under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and their state counterparts.
Wendy regularly advises clients on legal compliance issues. She also frequently appears on behalf of clients before federal and state administrative agencies and guides clients through the administrative process. Wendy currently serves as a major in the U.S. Air Force Reserves, Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps. She is a Purple Heart recipient and was named in President Obama’s 2010 Independence Day Celebration Remarks at the White House.
Prior to joining Littler, Wendy gained considerable labor and employment experience working in the Office of the General Counsel for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and as a JAG officer on active duty. At Notre Dame Law School, Wendy served as editor in chief of the Journal of College and University Law.
- J.D., Notre Dame Law School, 2007
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Major, United States Air Force Reserves, JAG Corps
- Chairperson, Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH) National Scholarship Committee, 2013 – present
- Alumni Mentor, Notre Dame Law School Mentorship Program, 2015-present
Rate : $$$