Wendy Huang Waszmer is a partner in the New York office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where she is a member of the antitrust practice. Her practice focuses on representing companies and individual clients in high stakes antitrust and other government investigations, federal court litigation, and civil commercial disputes.
She has experience with industry-wide domestic and cross-border investigations, including in technology, energy generation, life sciences, transportation, financial services, and petrochemicals. She has been recognized as a future leader in antitrust investigations and litigation by Global Competition Review/Who’s Who, Benchmark Litigation, and Global Investigations Review.
She previously served in several leadership and trial counsel roles for the Department of Justice (DOJ) in New York and Washington, D.C. She has been a first-chair trial counsel in jury and bench trials. As the Assistant Chief of the New York field office of the DOJ Antitrust Division, Wendy supervised federal trials and criminal and civil investigations.
She also was a liaison with federal and state enforcement and regulatory agencies in joint and parallel antitrust and fraud investigations. In addition, she served as counsel to the Assistant Attorney General of the Antitrust Division, advising on enforcement policy matters.
Earlier in her career, Wendy served as Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Civil Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, where she appeared as lead counsel in trials and hearings in more than 50 federal district court cases and numerous appeals, as well as in False Claims Act and other investigations. At the start of her career, she was a law clerk to the Honorable Richard J. Leon of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
Magna Cum Laude; Order of the Coif; Executive Articles Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
- B.A., College of William and Mary
Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member and Diversity Chair, Executive Committee, Antitrust Law Section, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association
- Non-Governmental Advisor, International Competition Network (ICN), 2015
- Bar of the District of Columbia
- State Bar of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$