Ms. Wendy R. Stein is an IP litigator who focuses her practice on intellectual property disputes, primarily in the patent and trademark areas. Ms. Stein has extensive experience litigating a broad variety of patent infringement and other matters in the pharmaceuticals and life science area, including matters related to antibiotics, anti-depressants, anti-coagulants, epilepsy, pain, ADHD, sleep apnea, and high blood pressure medications, and SABAs used to treat asthma and/or COPD.
Ms. Stein also has substantial experience litigating patent infringement disputes in the non-pharma area, including related to GPS devices, gaming, hand-held devices and packaging. In the trademark area, Ms. Stein has litigated trademark ownership and infringement / counterfeiting disputes involving perfume, apparel, luxury goods, electronics, real estate and gaming.
Ms. Stein has appeared before federal and state courts throughout the United States, including New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Massachusetts, California, Florida, Texas, District of Columbia, Illinois, and Nebraska, and before the Court of Appeals for the D.C. and Federal Circuits, most recently obtaining a Rule 36 affirmance of five separate summary judgments concerning alleged patent infringement, false patent marking, and commercial claims.
Ms. Stein is an active member of the intellectual property and federal litigation bars. Now serving as Vice President of the Federal Bar Association’s (FBA) S.D.N.Y. chapter, she is also the editor of the S.D.N.Y. chapter newsletter the New York Minutes. Ms. Stein also serves on the Women in the Legal Profession Committee of the New York City Bar Association.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D.)
- Yale School of Public Health (M.P.H.)
- Brandeis University (B.A., magna cum laude)
- State of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Federal Bar Association
- Federal Litigation Section
- Editor of New York Minutes, Newsletter of the FBA’s S.D.N.Y. Chapter
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- New York City Bar Association
Representative matters include:
- Arduino, LLC v. Arduino S.R.L. et al., Civ. No. 15-cv-10181 (D. Mass.)
- MME Int’l, Inc. v. E. Bargain Square Corp. et al., Index No. 518670/2017 (New York, Kings County)
- In the Matter of Application Ser. No. 85/004,557 (Los Angeles Dodgers LLC(Opposer) v. Millan (Applicant), Opp. No. 91198654 (TTAB))
- Societe Parisienne de Parfums et Cosmetiques v. Perfume Center of America Inc. et. al., 10-cv-2952 (S.D.N.Y.)
- Papyrus Technology Corporation v. New York Stock Exchange LLC, 04-cv-625 (S.D.N.Y.)
Rate : $$$