Wesley Lewis is an associate in the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group in the Austin office of Haynes and Boone. Wesley’s practice focuses on assisting clients on a wide range of litigation matters, including Anti-SLAPP, First Amendment, intellectual property, and media and entertainment litigation.
He has advised and represented clients in disputes and appeals in the advertising, internet and digital media, print media, financial services, and pharmaceutical industries, among others. He has drafted motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, and numerous other pleadings, briefs, and motions at all stages of litigation.
Wesley is a graduate of Harvard Law School, where he worked extensively on issues relating to copyright, free speech, and digital media. He served as a teaching fellow for CopyrightX, a 12-week networked course on copyright law, and he was a clinical student at the Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society.
Prior to joining Haynes and Boone, Wesley worked as a litigation associate in New York, where he focused on securities, financial services, and media and First Amendment litigation.
Professional and Community Activities :
- New York City Bar Association, member of NYCBA Media and Communications Committee, 2015-2016
- Sanctuary for Families, Economic Empowerment Program Tutor, 2015-2016
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2013, Executive Editor,Harvard Human Rights Journal
- B.A., Philosophy and Government, University of Texas at Austin, 2009, with honors
- Law Clerk for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of California, 2011
- New York, 2014
- Texas, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$