Whitney M. Ferrer is an employment lawyer who focuses on advising employers regarding compliance with federal and state wage and hour laws, including issues relating to exemption classification and pay practices.
Whitney is a founding member of Littler’s Compliance Audit Services Practice Group and is a core member of Littler’s Wage and Hour Practice Group. Whitney is a primary architect of Littler’s unique web-based audit tool, Audit QB.
Whitney represents and counsels corporate clients in connection with all types of employment matters arising under federal and state laws, including:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Whitney also represents employers in complex class and collective actions involving overtime and other wage-related claims. She routinely counsels and trains clients on the preventive measures they should take to avoid or reduce employment- and wage-related claims, and she provides advice on the practical and legal implications of everyday employment decisions.
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 1996
- B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 1993
Courts : U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- State Bar of Georgia
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
Rate : $$$