Whitney W. Salinas is a Partner in the Firm’s Real Estate Department. Whitney regularly represents private equity firms and portfolio companies on a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, public-to-private transactions, joint ventures and real estate financings (including agency, securitized and mezzanine financings).
Whitney’s recent transactions have included representing:
- Blackstone in connection with:
- its $7.6 billion acquisition of Gramercy Property Trust
- its $23 billion acquisition of real estate assets from GE Capital
- its $6 billion acquisition of Strategic Hotels and Resorts Inc.
- its $1.3 billion acquisition of Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower)
- its entry into an agreement to form a joint venture with Hilton Grand Vacations to purchase Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Centerbridge Partners in its $850 million mortgage and mezzanine financing of a portfolio of mobile home parks
- Carlyle in the $1.3 billion sale of 650 Madison Avenue in New York City
- KKR in the formation of several joint ventures to acquire individual hotels
Whitney received her J.D., cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center in 2009 and her B.A. from Northwestern University in 2006.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2009 J.D.
- cum laude
- Northwestern University, 2006 B.A.
Admissions : New York 2010
Rate : $$$$