Will S. Becker’s practice focuses on federal income tax matters and Texas franchise tax and sales and use tax matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, real estate joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions, and corporate reorganizations, spin-offs and restructurings.
Will assists clients in analyzing such tax matters and their impact on corporations, S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, real estate investment trusts, hedging transactions and other derivative transactions.
Additionally, Will has assisted nonprofit clients in forming public charities and private foundations, including filing for federal income tax exemption for such entities.
Representative Experience :
- Representation of NYSE REITs in numerous follow-on stock offerings
- Representation of NYSE hospitality REIT in spin-off and initial public offering of NYSE specialized hospitality REIT
- Representation of NYSE hospitality REIT in spin-off of publicly traded REIT advisory company
- $1 billion multifamily joint venture between an investor and a real estate developer involving an acquisition from a sovereign fund
- Representation of public real estate advisory firm in acquisitions and joint ventures, involving private REITs, tax-exempt organizations and foreign pension fund investors
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- LL.M., with honors, Northwestern University School of Law, 2005
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2004
- B.A., Southwestern University, 2001
Admissions : Texas
Rate : $$$