Will Woods represents franchisors throughout their business life cycle: in the start-up stage; as middle-market franchisors; and as mature, global franchisors. He represents many of the leading hotel, lodging and hospitality franchise companies and has vast experience in negotiating complex franchise and licensing transactions both in the US and in many other countries around the world and in counseling clients across industries with respect to system restructuring and related relationship issues and brand expansion.
Will has been listed in Chambers USA and Chambers Global as a leading franchise lawyer every year since 2010 and was praised by clients as a “thorough, diligent and hardworking lawyer: someone who always tries to find a solution.” Chambers also noted that he “impresses with his sophisticated international transactions practice” and that he is “client-service oriented, giving practical, useful and implementable advice.”
He is included in An International Who’s Who of Franchise Lawyers and as a Legal Eagle and one of the top 101 franchise lawyers in the US and Canada by Franchise Times. He is regularly named one of the Best Lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine.
Will concentrates his practice primarily in franchise and distribution law. He counsels clients on structuring international and domestic franchise transactions, distribution of products and services and franchise registration and disclosure matters.
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (1998)
- Baylor University (B.B.A.) (1994)
Admissions : Texas~United States (1998)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented large, global hotel company on a complex licensing transaction for a 4,000 room multi-brand luxury property in Las Vegas.
- Represented global casual dining chain in a series of refranchising transactions involving 200+ restaurants.
- Represented global hotel company in the licensing and related aspects of one of the first spin-offs of a timeshare and residential businesses into a new publicly-traded company.
- Represented global hotel company in the negotiation of affiliation and license agreements for ultra-luxury property in Knightsbridge.
- Represented large hotel company in negotiation of a license agreement and related documentation for a 3,000 room condominium hotel in Las Vegas.
Rate : $$$