William A. Garvin focuses his practice on issues related to the approval, regulation, promotion, sale and reimbursement of drugs, medical devices, biologics, excipients, dietary supplements and foods. William assists clients in their interactions with various federal agencies including the following:
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Health and Human Services (HHS)
William’s work includes challenging administrative agency actions through correspondence, citizen petitions and litigation. He has extensive experience in assisting companies with complying and contesting administrative agency actions and regulations at both the federal and state level.
Before joining Buchanan, William was an associate with a boutique law firm in Washington, D.C., where he worked on matters related to ensuring that foods, drugs, dietary supplements, medical devices and cosmetics complied with federal and state laws.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2003, high honors
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2000, Journalism and Political Science
- Member of the Drugs and Biologics Committee for the Food and Drug Law Institute
- FDA Liaison – FDA Committee, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member of the Legal Advisory Council, Natural Products Foundation
- Former Chairman of the Austern Writing Awards – Long Papers Committee, Food and Drug Law Institute
Rate : $$$