William J. Bernfeld focuses his practice on real estate and commercial law. He regularly assists clients in acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, and financing of real estate projects in a variety of sectors throughout California including office, retail, restaurant, hospitality, and industrial.
Bill regularly works on behalf of lenders to secure permanent, construction, and distressed project financing, as well as handling asset-based and commercial lending transactions on behalf of institutional clients.
Additionally, Bill’s background as a bankruptcy attorney puts him in a unique position to assist clients with distressed real estate transactions including loan workouts and other restructuring needs.
- J.D., Southwestern Law School, 1978
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1975
Bar Admissions : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member of the Executive Committee and Co-Chair of General Real Property Section, 2018-present
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys, Fellow
- California Continuing Education of the Bar, Real Property Advisory Committee, Member, 2015-2016
- State Bar of California, Executive Committee, Real Property Law Section, 2008-2013; Vice Chair 2010-2011, Advisor, 2011-2013
- United Jewish Federation, Real Estate & Construction Division, Vice Chair, 2009-2011
- Commercial Real Estate Finance Council, Member
- California Receiver’s Forum, Member
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum, Former Board Member
Rate : $$$$