William B. Brentani is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department and serves as Head of the Firm’s Palo Alto office, a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and Co-Chair of the Firm’s Opinion Committee. His practice focuses on corporate finance and general securities and corporate matters.
Bill regularly works for issuers and underwriters in connection with a broad range of public and private debt, equity and equity-linked offerings. Bill also represents private equity sponsors in connection with acquisition financings and advises companies on corporate governance and securities law-related matters. He has worked on offerings involving issuers from a variety of industries, including technology, healthcare, real estate, entertainment, energy and transportation.
Bill has been recognized as a leading lawyer for a number of years by Chambers USA. Clients laud him as “highly technically knowledgeable” and “great to work with” and, tellingly, that “our needs are his needs” (Chambers USA).
Selected transactions include representing:
- Debt Financings
- Private equity firms, such as Hellman & Friedman and Silver Lake Partners, and their respective portfolio companies in their acquisition and related debt financings, including senior notes offerings for Hub International Limited, Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc., MPH Acquisition Holdings LLC (MultiPlan), Sophia L.P. (Ellucian), Dell International LLC, Igloo Holdings Corporation (Interactive Data Corporation), Associated Material, LLC, Catalina Marketing Corporation, Goodman Global, Inc. and Serena Software, Inc.
- Corporate issuers in their debt securities offerings, including Microsoft Corporation, CBRE Group, Inc., ClubCorp Holdings, Inc., Global Eagle Entertainment, Inc., Seagate Technology International and Detroit International Bridge Corporation
- Underwriters and initial purchasers in connection with debt securities offerings for Walmart Inc., Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., NextEra Energy Partners, LP, Tesla, Inc., Intrepid Aviation Group Holdings, Air Lease Corporation, The WhiteWave Foods Company, Cadence Design Systems, Inc., CoreLogic, Inc., Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Expedia Inc. and Embraer Overseas Limited
- Convertible Debt Financings
- Underwriters and initial purchasers in connection with convertible notes offerings for NextEra Energy Operating Partners, LP, Tesla, Inc., TiVo Inc., Synchronoss Technologies, Inc., InterDigital, Inc., SanDisk Corporation, Diodes Incorporated and Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Econômico e Social-BNDES, as well as Silver Lake Partners in connection with its investment in convertible notes of Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Equity Financings
- Corporate issuers in their initial public offerings and follow-on offerings, including, CBRE Group, Inc., ClubCorp Holdings, Inc., Universal Truckload Services, Inc., Western Multiplex Corporation, Tecnisa S.A. and SABESP
- Underwriters in connection with initial public offerings and follow-up offerings, including Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., NeoPhotonics Corporation, Sigma Designs, Inc., AMIS Holdings, Inc., Ikanos Communications, Inc., Avnet, Inc., SMART Modular Technologies (WWH), Inc., Diodes Incorporated, Design Within Reach, Inc., CPFL Energia S.A. and Embraer S.A.
Bill was born in São Paulo, Brazil. He received his B.A. from Tufts University in 1986 and a J.D. from Boston University School of Law in 1989. He joined the Firm in 1989 and became a Partner in 1999.
- Boston University School of Law, 1989 J.D.
- Tufts University, 1986 B.A.
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York 1990
- California 2001
Rate : $$$