William C. Matthews is an associate in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Construction Litigation and Business Litigation Practice Groups. He focuses his practice on construction-related litigation, complex commercial litigation and banking-related litigation matters.
Will represents developers, contractors, material suppliers, design professionals, and sureties in disputes involving construction defect claims, delay claims, construction lien issues, and contract disputes. Will also represents businesses and individuals in disputes involving corporate litigation, landlord/tenant litigation, commercial collections, lien foreclosures, insurance disputes, and trademark/copyright issues.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- Florida Law Review, Managing Editor
- Teaching Assistant, Trial Practice; Legal Research and Writing; Appellate Advocacy
- Emory University, B.A., Economics, 2011
- Emory University, B.A., Anthropology, 2011
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Emory for Life Mentorship Program
- Project H.E.L.P. Orlando (pro bono clinic for the homeless)
- All Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Rate : $$$