William (Bill ) J. Clemens is an electrical engineer and patent attorney registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Practicing intellectual property law for more than 40 years, Bill has extensive experience with U.S. and foreign patent, trademark and copyright matters intellectual property licensing, electronic data interchange, and technology-related contracts.
Clients value his familiarity with a wide range of electronic, mechanical, electro-mechanical, and chemical processing devices, computer software, and electronic control systems.
- J.D., The University of Toledo College of Law, 1973
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, The University of Toledo, 1969
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, The University of Toledo, 1965
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Michigan, 1992
- Ohio, 1974
- Provides support in intellectual property litigation matters including patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret issues.
- Performs patentability and freedom-to-operate analyses for a variety of software algorithms, computer-based systems, and electronic devices based upon third-party searching and internal searches.
- Develops intellectual property portfolios for clients by drafting and prosecuting patent and trademark applications in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and copyright applications in the United States Copyright Office.
- Since 1971, developing a patent and trademark portfolio for an international corporation covering elevators, escalators, and moving walkways.
- Since 2002, developing a patent portfolio for an international corporation covering wire-processing equipment.
- Since 1995, developing a patent portfolio for an international corporation covering manufacturing automation equipment, including CNC, robots, and robotic machining centers.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Patent Law Association, past President
Rate : $$$