Mr. William R. Collins is co-chair of Covington’s Energy Industry Group. He has represented energy clients on an array of project development, M&A and financing transactions. His clients have included investor-owned utilities, independent power producers, renewables companies, private equity firms, financiers, project developers, and financial advisory firms in a wide range of corporate matters and transactions.
- Albany Law School at Union University, J.D., 1985
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1982
Bar Admissions : New York
Representative Matters :
- OptiSolar Inc. in the sale of its project development business to First Solar, Inc. in an all-stock transaction valued at approximately $400 million.
- ICICI Bank Limited, India’s 2nd largest bank, and Standard Chartered Bank, India’s largest international bank, as joint lead arrangers for an aggregate of $925,000,000 in project financings supporting two separate projects being undertaken by subsidiaries of Reliance Industries.
- Morgan Stanley on various financial advisory assignments, including recently advising Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to Vivint Solar in its acquisition by SunEdison.
- Calpine Corporation and its subsidiaries in more than $22.0 billion of capital markets ﬁnancings and $6.5 billion in bank ﬁnancings. Mr. Collins also assisted Calpine acquire two large portfolios of operating and development power assets and two companies which owned natural gas assets.
- A subsidiary of a long-time Japanese investor client in connection with a collaboration transaction in which the subsidiary is investing in a venture developing and commercializing technology used to monetize certain ethanol by-products.
- LS Power, Lightyear Capital and Luminus Management (the hedge fund affiliate of LS Power) on M&A, finance and development transactions.
Rate : $$$$