William E. Curbow is a Partner at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP and a member of the Firm’s Corporate Department, where he concentrates on mergers and acquisitions.
Transactions that he has handled include the representation of:
- Vodafone Group Plc in connection with the sale of its 45% interest in Verizon Wireless to Verizon Communications Inc. for a total consideration of US$130 billion;
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP in connection with its merger with Inergy Midstream, L.P.;
- First Reserve Corporation in connection with its acquisitions of TNT Crane & Rigging, Inc., certain subsidiaries of Utility Services Associates, Inc., Ameriforge Group Inc., TPC Group Inc., Quicksilver Gas Services LP and CHC Helicopter Corporation, with its sales of Brand Energy, Inc., Acteon Group Limited and Bahamas Oil Refining Company International Limited;
- and with its investments in American Energy-Utica, LLC, DOF Subsea ASA, Abengoa, S.A. and Glencore International plc;
- L-3 Communications Corporation in connection with its spin-off of Engility Holdings, Inc. and numerous acquisitions, including purchases of the Kollmorgen Electro-Optical unit of Danaher Corporation, Insight Technology Incorporated, the Aircraft Integration Systems division of Raytheon Company, Northrop Grumman’s Electron Devices and Displays-Navigation Systems businesses and the Goodrich Avionics Systems division of Goodrich Corp., and CMC Holdings, Inc.;
- Genesee & Wyoming Inc. in connection with its acquisition of RailAmerica, Inc.;
- The Blackstone Group LP in connection with its purchases of Travelport Inc. and Worldspan Technologies Inc.;
- The Cypress Group in connection with the purchases of Meow Mix Holdings, Inc., the automotive aftermarket group of Dana Corporation and the automotive business segment of Cooper Tire & Rubber Company;
- Brooklyn Basketball, LLC in connection with the purchase of the New Jersey Nets;
- Reuters Limited with respect to the acquisition by its subsidiary, Instinet Group Incorporated of Island ECN and the subsequent sale of Instinet Group Incorporated;
- New Skies Satellites Holdings Ltd. in the sale thereof to SES Global S.A.;
- and Abbott Laboratories in connection with the purchase of the vascular intervention and endovascular solutions businesses of Guidant Corporation.
Bill joined Simpson Thacher in 1989 and became a Partner in 1996. He received his B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of Connecticut in 1984 and his J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1987. Bill is admitted to practice in New York and Connecticut.
- Harvard Law School, 1987 J.D.
- University of Connecticut, 1984 B.A.
- summa cum laude
- Connecticut 1987
- New York 1991
Rate : $$$