William Umansky or “The Lawman” as he is affectionately known by his peers has almost two decades of experience offering “Second Chances” to clients who have either been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence or who have, unfortunately, been charged with a crime.
His practice is based in Central Florida and he advocates for his clients throughout Florida. He is the Managing Partner of the Umansky Law Firm where he directs a team of lawyers dedicated to success and to working hard to try and achieve the results the firm’s client’s desire.
He has appeared or been quoted in many national media outlets including USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, People Magazine, NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX affiliates around the country.
Bill’s practice is focused on providing his clients with “second chances” and Bill prides himself on working hard to see that people who are injured are given compensation to begin their journey towards a new and better life– a life they can begin as masters of their own destiny, not merely as victims of circumstance. Bill handles all personal injury cases including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, sex abuse, negligent security, slip and fall and premise liability cases.
Additionally, Bill has helped numerous people who have become entrenched in the Criminal Justice system after being caught making a mistake. He makes it his mission to provide his clients with the second chance they deserve by getting the charges dropped or reduced. In every case he serves as not just a lawyer but also a counselor, giving his clients the guidance they need to address their particular problem, such as drug or alcohol abuse, so they do not find themselves in trouble again.
He has handled all types of Felony, Misdemeanor and Ordinance charges including cases involving drunk driving, drug sale or possession, trafficking, prostitution, mortgage fraud, theft, shoplifting, false imprisonment, ponzi schemes, suspended licenses, battery, domestic violence, obstruction charges and many others.
Bill is married to his wife Zahra Umansky, who is also an accomplished criminal trial lawyer, and he is the proud father of two great boys. He lives life with the motto of “Carpe Diem” and truly believes that every day needs to be lived to its fullest with passion and intensity– because every day could be the last day one has on earth.
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, J.D, 1992
- University of South Florida, Bachelor of Arts – 1988
- Florida, 1992
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, 2010
- Legal Aid Society, Event Chairman, Breakfast of Champions, 2008
- Orange County Bar Association, Co-Chairman, Criminal Law Committee, 2000 – 2005
- Orange County Bar Association, Executive Counsel, 2008 – Present
- Orange County Bar Association, Gala Committee
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Association of Trial Lawyers, 2002 – 2007
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- Central Florida Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Board of Directors, 2005 – 2007
- Inns of Court, 1996 – 2006
- Orlando Chamber of Commerce, 2006 – Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Member, 2013 – Present
- Central Florida Community Initiative, Board Member
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association , Board of Directors
- apil- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, Member
Rate : $$$