William F. Davis handles matters involving commercial real estate, complex finance, and commercial leasing with a particular emphasis on highly structured transactions. William has represented institutional investors, nationally recognized banks, real estate investment trusts, real estate funds, high net worth individuals, and real estate developers.
He has extensive experience with construction lending, securitized conduit lending programs, sale leaseback portfolio transactions, development deals, and office and retail leasing.
William earned his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from The George Washington University, and his law degree, cum laude, from Tulane Law School, where he served as associate executive editor of the Tulane Journal of International & Comparative Law.
- Represented publicly traded REIT in connection with build-to-suit equity investment transactions for single-tenant commercial, office, and warehouse facilities.
- Represented institutional lender in connection with an $80 million syndicated construction loan secured by a $153 million, 320,000 sq. ft. mixed-used project in Queens, N.Y., that included a Hyatt Hotel, residential apartments, first-floor retail space, office space, community facility space, and a multi-level garage spread across two overlapping condominium regimes.
- Represented institutional lender in connection with the restructuring a $300 million syndicated construction loan secured by a Marriott Hotel and a PGA golf course in San Antonio.
- Represented participant international bank in connection with a $1.25 billion construction loan for the development of an office tower in New York City.
- Represented an international bank, as agent for a syndicate of lenders, in connection with a $340 million loan for the construction of a platform and foundation spanning an active rail line in New York City.
- Represented an institutional investor in connection with $213 million sale leaseback transaction involving 65 restaurant properties in 20 states. The representation included lease negotiations, acquisition diligence, and the ultimate disposition of the properties.
- Represented the structuring advisor in connection with two consecutive sale leaseback transactions involving more than 100 retail auto parts stores located across the country.
- Negotiated the lease, acquisition financing, and bridge financing in connection with the sale leaseback of a $93 million corporate headquarters located in Denver.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2002
- The George Washington University, B.A.
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$$