Mr. William P. Deni has a diverse practice in litigation and sports law. He is a trial lawyer who is fully conversant in the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and Evidence and the state court rules of New Jersey and New York. Having served a clerkship in the United States District for the District of New Jersey, he is especially attuned to the Local Civil Rules and Local Patent Rules of the District of New Jersey.
Mr. Deni has extensive experience representing some of the world’s largest and most prestigious companies from diverse industries, including pharmaceuticals, energy, raw materials, health insurance, and financial services.
He litigates a wide range of matters in federal and state courts, including complex contractual and commercial disputes, trademark and patent infringement, business torts, partnership disputes, antitrust, and violations of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and other federal statutes.
Mr. Deni complements his litigation background with a sports and entertainment practice, advising professional athletes, Olympians, coaches, teams, and entertainers. He represents athletes in contract negotiations with professional clubs and in sponsorship endorsements. He is certified as a contract advisor by the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) and is qualified as an agent by the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA).
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D.)
- Colgate University (B.A.)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- National Football League Contract Advisor
- American Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section
- New York State Bar Association
- Entertainment Arts & Sports Law Section
- Represents global eye health company in Hatch-Waxman patent infringement litigation concerning ANDA seeking FDA approval to market generic versions of Istalol®. (S.D.N.Y.)
- Represents a consortium of energy companies challenging state law as violative of Supremacy and Dormant Commerce Clauses of the U.S. Constitution. Full trial to verdict. (D.N.J.)
- Represents a leading health insurer in a series of putative class actions alleging ERISA, RICO, and antitrust violations based on the health insurer’s payment practices. (D.N.J.)
- Represents individual defendants in a civil action under the Alien Tort Claims Act and associated state law claims for the alleged funding of a foreign insurgent military organization. (D.N.J.)
- Represented a biotech company in Hatch-Waxman patent infringement litigation concerning ANDA seeking FDA approval to market generic versions of Zanaflex Capsules®. Full trial to verdict. (D.N.J.)
Rate : $$$$