William M. Droze has more than 30 years of trial and appellate practice experience specializing in areas including commercial litigation, environmental litigation, business torts, government procurement litigation, civil rights, real estate litigation, and legal malpractice defense.
His practice is national in scope, having represented clients in state and federal courts throughout Georgia and across the country. In addition, William has participated in trials and proceedings before mediators and arbitrators in matters proceeding by alternative dispute resolution.
He has supervised sophisticated electronic discovery in connection with class action litigation and has tried multiple serial week cases to verdict. William has extensive appellate experience having managed more than 60 reported cases in the state and federal courts.
Representative Matters :
- Lead Counsel for electric utility involving putative class action for regulatory rate dispute
- Lead Counsel for metropolitan Atlanta county government in connection with tri-state water rights litigation involving U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Lake Sidney Lanier.
- Lead Counsel for electric utility in procurement challenge to award of service contract for large load customer.
- Lead Counsel for Georgia municipality in recovery of verdict exceeding $1 million arising out of engineering malpractice for design/installation of land application system.
- Lead Counsel for Georgia Corporation arising out of shareholder dispute and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Lead Counsel for Area Developer Franchisee in dispute with Franchisor over termination of area development rights in three states.
- Lead counsel for State of Georgia in connection with landmark right to die litigation and defense of product liability punitive damages apportionment statute.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Master, Joseph Henry Lumpkin American Inn of Court
- Immediate Past Chairman, Associate Members, Southern States Energy Board
- Board of Director, Warrior 2 Citizen, Veterans Support Group
- Old War Horse Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Coach, High School Mock Trial Competitions, 1991-2000
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1987
- University of North Carolina, B.A., 1984
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$