William L. Durham specializes in complex, high-stakes product litigation. A partner in our Mass Tort and Toxic Tort and Environmental practices, Bill represents product manufacturers in a variety of matters.
Bill defends product manufacturers, often in what are known to be challenging jurisdictions. As an example, he has represented R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company in numerous product liability lawsuits filed in Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana and Missouri. He also has served as lead counsel in numerous appeals in state and federal courts.
In individual cases and class actions, Bill has managed every aspect of complex high-stakes litigation, from strategic planning and preparation through discovery, pretrial motions, trial and appeal. He identifies and works cooperatively with national, regional and local counsel for codefendants.
- J.D., University of Virginia
- B.A., University of North Carolina, with highest honors
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
Rate : $$$