William G. Somerville, shareholder in the Birmingham office, concentrates his practice in business litigation, including health care litigation, employment law and gaming law. In addition to defending employers in matters ranging from class action discrimination cases to wage and hour investigations, Mr. Somerville has successfully handled a wide variety of complex and commercial cases on behalf of corporate litigants.
His successful representations include prosecuting insurance coverage cases, breach of contract claims, and computer software disputes on behalf of major financial institutions; prosecuting and defending trade secret and intentional interference claims involving corporate plaintiffs and defendants; and defending manufacturers in products liability litigation.
Mr. Somerville has considerable litigation experience in the health care industry, as well. This includes representing entities in certificate of need litigation; defending health care institutions in litigation brought by physicians; litigating business disputes between hospitals; litigation against governmental entities; and other types of general business litigation.
- University of Alabama Law School, J.D., 1986
- Harvard University, B.A., 1983
ADMISSIONS : Alabama, 1987
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Birmingham Bar Association
- Member – Alabama State Bar Association (Labor Law Section)
- Member – American Bar Association (Committee on Employee Rights and Responsibilities of Labor and Employment Law Section, 1993 – present)
- Member – International Association of Gaming Advisors
Rate : $$$$