Based in Washington, D.C., William R. Golden is a Partner in Simpson Thacher’s Capital Markets Practice. Will has represented both issuers and investment banks on a broad range of securities transactions, including IPOs and other equity and equity-linked offerings and high yield and investment grade debt offerings, as well as exchange offers and other liability management transactions. His clients have included Invitation Homes, Blackstone and select portfolio companies, Hilton Worldwide and The Carlyle Group.
Will’s representative transactions have included:
- Invitation Homes in its $1.8 billion IPO (the second largest IPO in history by a U.S. REIT at the time) and related $2.5 billion debt financing
- APX Group in its inaugural $1.3 billion offering of senior secured and senior notes and subsequent registered exchange offer
- Hilton in its $1 billion senior notes offering and in the spin-offs of the bulk of its real estate business and its timeshare business
- Brixmor Property Group, a Blackstone portfolio company, in its $948.8 million IPO, the third largest IPO in history by a U.S. REIT, as well as Brixmor and the selling shareholders in multiple follow-on equity offerings
- The Carlyle Group in its $671 million IPO and multiple bond issuances and equity offerings
- Underwriters in the IPOs of The Container Store Group and Swift Transportation
- Dover Corporation in connection with the spin-off of its “Wellsite” business
Will has experience with complex IPOs, including those employing UP-C and other multiple-tier umbrella partnership structures. He co-authored a Practice Note on UP-C IPO structures in Practical Law Corporate & Securities.
Will received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law in 2008 and his B.A., with distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, in 2004 from the University of Virginia. He is admitted to practice in New York.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2008 J.D.
- University of Virginia, 2004 B.A.
- With Honors; Phi Beta Kappa
- New York 2009
- District of Columbia 2015
Rate : $$$