William Baaki is a trial lawyer who focuses his practice on business and commercial litigation, construction litigation, and general liability matters.
Bill’s wide range of experience includes representing small and large businesses, homeowners associations, individuals, municipalities, and property owners in matters involving breach of contract, breach of warranty, construction defect and delay, the False Claims Act, premises liability, products liability, property damage claims, worksite injury litigation, real property litigation, and Article 78 proceedings.
Bill received his undergraduate degree in Classics and Philosophy from Colgate University, and served as assistant captain of the school’s hockey team. After playing two seasons of minor professional hockey, Bill received his J.D., cum laude, from Ave Maria School of Law, where he served on the school’s Moot Court Board and Honor Board.
- Ave Maria School of Law: St. Ives Award to graduating student for excellence in written advocacy
- Ave Maria School of Law: St. Thomas More Moot Court Competition: Best Brief Award; Oral Argument co-champion
- Huntington Blizzard (ECHL): Players’ Player Award; Community Service Award
- Colgate Hockey: Rob Ries Award for leadership and inspiration
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Alderman, First Ward, City of Amsterdam
- Friends of Our Lady of Martyrs Shrine, Board Member
- Catholic Lawyers Guild of the Capital District: Board Member
Training and Certifications
- Department of Labor OSHA-10 Certification
- Ave Maria School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2004
- Colgate University, B.A., 1998
Rate : $$$$