William S. Hale represents contractors and owners in the resolution of disputes arising out of public and private contracts. A California-licensed Civil Engineer, Bill brings over ten years of field experience as a rigging engineer on domestic and international projects in the fossil power, petrochemical, mining and nuclear industries to his work.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Represented the University of California in litigation with the general contractor and its subcontractors concerning liability for delays and cost overruns associated with the design and construction of this $950 million state-of-the-art 517-bed hospital. Representing the University in follow-on litigation with the designers concerning liability for delays and cost overruns.
- The Broad museum. Represented the owner and general contractor in litigation with the exterior curtainwall and glass façade design-build subcontractor arising out of the construction of this museum in downtown Los Angeles.
- Represented a community college district in a dispute with its design team concerning errors and omissions in the design of several buildings on one of its campuses.
- Represented an EPC contractor in dispute with an owner concerning a nearly $2 billion mining project.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law. Represented a general contractor in litigation with an owner and several subcontractors concerning the construction of a new law school campus.
- California Rehabilitation Center Norco. Represented a general contractor in litigation with the State of California concerning a lease-leaseback arrangement.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2008
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 1992
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$