William J. Hotze’s practice focuses on a variety of bankruptcy and restructuring matters, including representation of debtors, creditors and other parties in interest. William graduated from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law where he was a Dean’s Scholarship Recipient and an editor of the Science and Technology Law Review.
During his time in law school, William externed for the Hon. Stacey G. C. Jernigan in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas. William received a Bachelor in Business Administration from Texas A&M University where he was a Presidential Endowed Scholar and a Director’s Excellence Scholar.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented consortium lead Larsen & Toubro Hydrocarbon Engineering in the bankruptcy of a Singapore-based subsea pipeline company on the creation of a new form of framework agreement to preserve client rights and a consortium’s rights to billions of dollars of contracts with Saudi Aramco. This deal was honored by the Financial Times in connection with the publication’s annual North America Most Innovative Lawyers awards program in 2017.
- Successfully represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of a chapter 11 Debtor with 5.6 million barrels of oil and 3.4 billion cubic feet of natural gas in the Gulf Coast, three oil fields in Wyoming, and probable reserves of 99 million barrels of oil in Alaska’s North Slope. This restructuring deal was honored with the “Restructuring of the Year” award in the Energy category at Global M&A Network’s 2017 Turnaround Atlas Awards.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2013
- B.B.A., Texas A&M University, 2009
ADMISSIONS : Texas
- U.S. Court of the State of Texas
- The Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts
Rate : $$$