William Cook represents clients in matters involving business litigation and commercial and employment disputes, securities litigation, insurance, personal injury. Mr. Cook attended the Stetson University College of Law where he was actively involved as a Notes Editor with the Stetson Law Review.
While in school, he also received the American Jurisprudence Book Award in Business Associations and was honored as a finalist in the Scribes National Note and Comment Competition. Serving his internship for U.S. District Judge Elizabeth A. Kovachevich of the Middle District of Florida provided him with valuable experience in federal courtroom procedures.
After graduating cum laude, Mr. Cook became licensed to practice under the Florida Bar in 1993. He is also admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida. In addition to membership in the Hillsborough County and American Bar Associations, Mr. Cook has been a Barrister for the Tampa Bay Inn of Court.
Mr. Cook has written several published articles on legal topics such as insider trading and appeals issues. He also co-wrote the Florida Practice Handbook, Damages in 1995 along with the Florida Practice Handbook, Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law in 1998.
Topics of other legal articles include the basics of civil litigation, insurance coverage, federal court, Florida civil procedures and expert testimony. Mr. Cook has been asked to speak at a number of professional conferences on topics such as third-party insurance coverage, basic tort law, class action lawsuits and Florida legal ethics.
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida, J.D. – 1993
- Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia, B.A. – 1990
- Florida, 1993
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member, Business Law Section
Rate : $$$$