William J. Hanlon is a partner in Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Boston office and past co-chair of the Boston Bar Association Bankruptcy Law Section. He has experience with health and welfare liabilities, securitization, financial documentation, fiduciary responsibility and complex contracts.
He represents secured and unsecured creditors, officers and directors, debtors, contract counterparties, and equity holders in Chapter 11 cases, adversary proceedings, commercial litigation and insolvency-related matters and he represents secured creditors in commercial and consumer finance matters, typically defending challenges to note and mortgage enforcement.
- J.D., Boston College Law School, cum laude
- A.B., College of the Holy Cross
- American Bankruptcy Institute (NE Conf. Organizing Committee Member, 2000–Present)
- Boston Bar Association (Co-Chair, Bankruptcy Law Section, 2002–2004 (Section awarded the Supreme Judicial Court’s John Adams and John Quincy Adams Pro Bono Publico Award, 2004); Section Steering Committee, 2002–Present; Large Firm Pro Bono Committee, 2006–Present; Past Co-Chair, Practice and Procedure Committee, 2000–2002; Membership Committee Task Force, 2007)
- Turnaround Management Association (Northeast Chapter)
Rate : $$$$