William Linklater has been named among The Best Lawyers in America, The International Who’s Who of Business Crime Lawyers and The World’s Leading White Collar Crime Lawyers. He is also listed in Superlawyers, Chambers Global and Chambers USA.
He served as president of the Chicago Bar Association, and is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and American Board of Criminal Lawyers. Mr. Linklater founded the Committee on International Criminal Law, ABA Criminal Justice Section, and served as member of the International Cartels Task Force, ABA Section of Antitrust Law.
Mr. Linklater concentrates on defending individuals and multinational companies — as well as their officers and directors — in international criminal cases and complex civil litigation. He has unique experience investigating and defending international cartel cases and FCPA cases, export and import crimes, and other criminal law violations, and related civil and administrative proceedings.
Mr. Linklater, who was counsel for the directors in In re: Caremark International Inc. Derivative Litigation, 698 A. 2d 959, 1996 Del. Ch. LEXIS 125, also advises corporations and their board of directors on internal investigations and corporate governance.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D.) (1968)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A.) (1964)
- Wyoming~United States (2005)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit~United States (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (1999)
- U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii~United States (1992)
- Colorado~United States (1990)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan~United States (1989)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- California State Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Wyoming Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association – Past President
- American Bar Association – Criminal Justice Section, White Collar Crime Committee
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The Wong Sun Society of San Francisco – International Proctor
Rate : $$$