William Jay Palmer is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Trusts and Estates Practice Group. Bill has an extensive background in tax law and over 20 years in trusts and estates, guardianship litigation, and administrative and estate planning.
He helps clients plan or contest wills and trusts and understands tax issues. He has counseled clients in protecting assets through planning and litigation. From preparation and administration to litigation and appeals, he has experience in all areas of probate and has represented beneficiaries, trustees and personal representatives throughout Florida.
Bill previously served as an adjunct professor and an advisor to law students in the Estate Planning Masters Program at the University of Miami School of Law.
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., Estate Planning, 1981
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., Tax, 1977
- University of Memphis, J.D., 1972
- University of Tennessee, B.S., 1968
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Rate : $$$